11.22.2005

Newsflash!

Front Page Headlines-Seattle Times: Rental Prices Skyrocketing!

Yay. However, I might have lucked out. Yesterday, I met with the super for a couple of different houses in the UW district of Seattle. Neither of the rooms were really what I was hoping for, and one was definitely reaching a bit out of my price range, but the third one he showed off to me would have been acceptable. Really short ceilings though (about 6'6)...I'm not usually claustrophobic, but I would have had my windows open a lot in there. Which is difficult in the middle of winter...in Seattle. :)

Anyhow, we were goofing off, chatting personal a bit while looking at the last room (never hurts to be in good with the super--gets stuff fixed much quicker!). Evidently I passed some test, bc he lowers his voice and says "Look, I interview people everyday for this kind of thing. You're really cool. I think I could live with you. One of my personal housemates is moving out. Her room is medium sized, basement (mmm...not my fav, but wait for it) and cheaper than any of these that I've showed you. " What am I stupid ( no comments from the peanut gallery)?

I'm meeting Circus today to look at his place. MUCH nicer digs than any of the others he showed me. For example, 4 people total in the house vs the 10-15 that were in the other houses. The location is perfect for the places I'm likely to be working as the university district is pretty central!

Cross your fingers...and toes...are crossed eyes lucky?

2 Comments:

Blogger Shlee said...

yay and cool...does $350 include utilities? Still that's not too bad for the west coast.

11/22/2005 1:40 PM  
Blogger Sir Belt Buckle said...

Well done.

Crossed eyes... looks like you got kicked in the head by a horse.

11/22/2005 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home